Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yellow Submarine music videos



"Yellow Submarine" is one of those movies I revisit about once every five years and always have a new level of appreciation for the artwork every single time I watch it. There is something so groundbreaking about the creative direction and animation styles and techniques that is also incredibly timeless to the point that it still feels new and fresh even today. "Eleanor Rigby" is still miles ahead of 95% of music videos out today.

And contrary to popular belief, Peter Max did NOT do any of the artwork for this movie.

OH and if anyone knows which video this screenshot is from, please let me know. I can't for the life of me remember and don't have the patience to sit and watch the whole movie right now...


And now on with the videos!

When I'm 64:


Nowhere Man


All You Need is Love

4 comments:

Sam's Myth said...

The Macfarlane figures based on this are essential for any art-geek/toy-collector like myself.

Now if Macfarlane would only make a scale replica of the HBO landscape...

Unknown said...

I'm thinking that screenshot is from Only A Northern Song.

Mike Davis said...

YES that's it! Thanks John!

Unknown said...

who did this movie if it's not peter max?